The Results Are In...
★2011 Race Results★
- ★★★ 2011 Race Results ★★★
★ Saturday, May 7, 2011
- ★ New for 2011! Kids Fun Run
- ★ New for 2011! USATF-certified 5K course
- ★ Start/finish at Transfiguration Farm, Union Street, Brandon, Vermont. Click here for directions.
- ★ Professionally timed
- ★ Race day registration and number pick-up 8:00 – 9:45 a.m.
- ★ Student-friendly registration rate
- ★ FREE t-shirt for all entries postmarked by 4/22/11
- ★ First 100 registrants receive a Sarahwear key chain
- ★1st male/female finishers receive winners’ medal
- ★ Road closed to traffic (Union Street will close at approximately 9:45—plan ahead!)
- ★ Parking at Transfiguration Farm—walking distance to starting line
Registration fees and dates:Student rate: $20 (never changes)
Pre-race: $25 (until 4/22/11)
Post-reg/race day: $30 (4/23/11 to 5/7/11)
NO REFUNDS, EXCHANGES, OR SUBSTITUTIONS
Kids Fun Run: For kids aged 2 to 10 years old, this is the perfect chance for the young runner to gain experience and confidence—and have some fun! Parents and grandparents, you’re welcome to run with your children too. The course is on the driveway of Transfiguration Farm. This event is timed, but not officially scored. Every participant receives a finishers’ ribbon.
5K Run/Walk: A USATF-certified out-and-back course on scenic Union Street, with beautiful views of the Green Mountains. The course is closed to traffic for runners’ safety.
A Sarah Leary Scholarship Fund event to benefit Otter Valley and Proctor High School students who might otherwise not be able to afford to travel on school trips.
Thanks to our sponsors for helping make the race possible:
- Awesome Graphics
- Blue Ledge Farm
- Bristol Construction
- Celebration Rental
- Chaney Family
- Coolidge Painting
- Country Walkers
- Cozy Cottages of Brandon
- Dottie and Terry Kline
- Feral Godmother
- Gagnon Lumber
- The Inside Scoop/Antiques by the Falls
- Jenifer and Dan Getz
- James C. Leary, Esquire
- Maureen O'Reilly and Kevin Thornton
- Middlebury Dental
- National Bank of Middlebury
- New England Woodcraft
- Pinnacle Financial
- Proctor Gas
- Ray and Charlotte Leary
- Ross and Virginia Worn
- Thomas and Judi Eve Brown
- Transfiguration Farm
- Visual Learning Co.
News and Posts about Sunshine Run:Blog :: Why I Run
VPR News :: Brandon Run Remembers Teen
Rutland Herald:: Run supports teen’s dying wish
2010 Results and Photos:2010's Video Slideshow ::Watch this video Slideshow!
Last Year's Race Results :: 2010 Race Results
Sarah loved adventure. In her short years she had traveled to Spain, Switzerland, France and Italy. She had driven with her father to Iowa and back. She jumped off the cliffs of the Dorset Quarry… jumped off a bridge into the White River…jumped into waitressing at the local tavern. She had explored Washington DC, New Orleans and the NASA Center in Florida where Sarah was inspired to become an Astronaut. She pounced on life and shared her joy with all who knew her. Sarah was 16 on Mother’s Day 2009 when she died in a car accident at Transfiguration Farm in Brandon, Vermont. The purpose of the Sarah Leary Scholarship Fund is to give high school kids with financial challenges an opportunity to see the world so they, too, will live an inspired life.